Gross Domestic Product, 2nd Quarter 2012
PROVISIONAL ESTIMATES ON 2007 STANDARD INDUSTRIAL CLASSIFICATION
The following industry series have been reclassified under SIC 07 (changes highlighted)
- At the headline industrial category level the only changes are the movement of publishing and sewage & sanitation between services and production.
- The provisional changes to 2007 GVA weights on SIC 2007:
- Production 175 (171 on SIC 2003) – increase 0.4%
- Services 732 (737 on SIC 2003) – decrease 0.4%
- Agriculture and Construction weights are unchanged
- At the broad industry group level there are several changes.
- Manufacturing has seen several activities reclassified into other industries
- The utilities sector has been split into two groups: electricity & gas supply; and water & waste management, which includes activities which were previously classified as manufacturing and services.
- A more detailed Information & Communication section has been created, including publishing (previously manufacturing) and other service activities.
- There are further changes within the manufacturing sector due to the creation of a repair and installation of machinery & equipment subsector.
- The enterprises classified in the repair sector were previously included as metals & metal products, mechanical engineering, electrical & instrument engineering, and transport equipment. There are revisions to these series as a result of this reclassification
- The scope of the manufacturing sector has fallen due to the reclassification of nuclear fuel processing, recycling, and publishing into other categories.
- At the broad industry group level the provisional SIC 2007 weights are:
- Manufacturing 124 (130 on SIC 2003) – decrease 0.6%
- Electricity & Gas Supply 22 (not defined on SIC 2003)
- Water Supply & Waste Management 15 (not defined on SIC 2003)
- Transport, Information & Communication 96 (69 on SIC 2003)
– increase 2.8%
- Business Services & Finance 262 (276 on SIC 2003)
– decrease 1.4%
- Government & Other Services 242 (260 on SIC 2003)
– decrease 1.8%
- Other groups unchanged
Page updated: Wednesday, October 17, 2012