Crime and Justice Committee - Remit
The objective of the Crime and Justice Committee is:
- Through liaison between users and providers of statistics on crime and justice: to identify the key strategic statistical information required by all interested parties; and to develop and implement a strategy for prioritising and meeting these needs while minimising the burden on data suppliers and maintaining data quality fit for purpose.
In particular the committee will: -
- Maintain an overview of the need for, quality, availability and dissemination of statistics on crime and justice.
- Initiate and take reports from working groups set up to review or develop statistical sources and dissemination methods in relation to crime and justice.
- Contribute to and comment on the relevant parts of the Scottish Government Annual Statistics Plan.
- Consider specific issues raised by the ScotStat board.
- Produce an annual report for the ScotStat board, covering the work of the committee and its working groups.
- Nominate a representative for the ScotStat board and report annually to the board on the work of the committee.
- Contribute to discussion/ work on cross-cutting issues with other ScotStat committees.
- Review the membership of the committee to ensure representation of key interests in statistics on crime and justice.
- The Committee will meet at least twice a year prior to ScotStat board meetings. Members and interested users will be kept in touch with progress through the Crime and Justice ScotStat pages .
- Membership of the committee aims to be wide ranging covering all key user/ provider interests in statistics on crime and justice. Where a committee member represents a particular user/ provider community, he/ she will provide liaison with that community gauging the views of the community when the work of the committee requires this.
Page updated: Friday, January 04, 2008