The objective of the Civil Justice group is:
- Through liaison between users and providers of statistics on civil justice:
- to identify the key strategic statistical information required by users;
- and to develop and implement a strategy for prioritising and meeting these needs.
In particular the committee will: -
- Maintain an overview of the need for, quality, availability and dissemination of statistics on civil justice.
- Initiate and take reports from working groups set up to review or develop statistical sources and dissemination methods in relation to civil justice.
- Contribute to and comment on the relevant parts of the Scottish Government Annual Statistics Plan.
- Consider specific issues raised by the Crime and Justice Group.
- Contribute to discussion/ work on cross-cutting issues with other ScotStat committees.
- Review the membership of the committee to ensure representation of key interests in statistics on civil justice.
The Committee will meet no more than twice a year. Members and interested users will be kept in touch with progress through the Crime and Justice ScotStat pages.
Membership of the committee aims to be wide ranging covering all key user/ provider interests in statistics on civil justice.
Where a committee member represents a particular user/ provider community, he/ she will provide liaison with that community gauging the views of the community when the work of the committee requires this.
Civil Justice Group membership
Agendas, minutes and papers