High Level Summary of Statistics Trend Last update: Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Growth Sector Statistics - Employment
The growth sector statistics provide economic statistics for the six private sector dominated growth sectors as identified in the Scotland's Economic Strategy (SES) 2015:
- Food & Drink (including agriculture & fisheries)
- Creative Industries (including digital)
- Sustainable Tourism
- Energy (including renewables)
- Financial & Business Services
- Life Sciences
Source: Scottish Government, ONS, Business Register and Employment Survey (BRES). Source for Agriculture is the Agricultural Census.
1. Employment includes employees plus the number of working owners who receive drawings or a share of the profits but are not paid via PAYE. However, the employment estimate does not include those that are self-employed operating below the VAT threshold with no employees i.e. the smallest sole proprietors and partnerships.
2. In some instances the data in the table above will not match exactly with the underlying BRES data. This is because the SIC classification for some Scottish sites has been amended.
3. Estimates for 2014 are provisional.
View chart data