High Level Summary of Statistics Trend Last update: Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Growth Sector Statistics - Employment
The growth sector statistics provide economic statistics for the six private sector dominated growth sectors as set out in the Government Economic Strategy (GES) 2011:
- Food & Drink (including agriculture & fisheries)
- Creative Industries (including digital)
- Sustainable Tourism
- Energy (including renewables)
- Financial & Business Services
- Life Sciences
Source: Scottish Government, ONS, Business Register and Employment Survey (BRES). Source for Agriculture is the Agricultural Census.
1. Employment includes employees plus the number of working owners who receive drawings or a share of the profits but are not paid via PAYE. However, the employment estimate does not include those that are self-employed operating below the VAT threshold with no employees i.e. the smallest sole proprietors and partnerships.
2. In some instances the data in the table above will not match exactly with the underlying BRES data. This is because the SIC classification for some Scottish sites has been amended.
3. Estimates for 2012 are provisional. 4. ** Estimates for Life Sciences for 2013 have been suppressed due to concerns over their quality. Note that these quality concerns apply to the data for 2013 only, past trends are not affected.
View chart data