We are currently seeking applications for statisticians for a number of posts at the Scottish Government and National Records of Scotland:
Our statisticians work across a wide range of areas and cover many different topics including Scotland’s economy and employment levels; the health of our nation and the NHS; Educational attainment; Justice; Communities and Transport. Our statisticians are involved in planning and managing data collections; undertaking statistical analysis; preparing statistical outputs and publications; and working with users and providers to ensure statistical needs are met efficiently and effectively. Our statisticians also work closely with researchers and economists to add value to government decision making and support the development of Government policies.
Browse this website to find out more about Our Statistics, About Statistics in Scotland, and Statisticians in Scotland, and read the Statistics Recruitment Leaflet where you will further information about working as a statistician in Scottish Government.
Our Statistical positions are for you, if you’re bright, motivated and creative and want to use your talents to help make a difference to the lives of the people of Scotland. The Scottish Government works to make Scotland a more successful country and a better place to live. Having the right people producing and communicating powerful analysis is vital to helping us achieve this.
To be considered for opportunities you will need a good honours degree in a numerate discipline, e.g. statistics, maths, economics, science or a relevant post graduate qualification. As well as having statistical competencies, you will also need to demonstrate the ability to work with other people, achieve results, and communicate effectively.
Rewards and Benefits
We know that a benefits package isn't just about salary. That's why we've developed a comprehensive range of rewards, initiatives and policies that recognise your achievements, build on your skills and help you find a healthy work/life balance.
From a competitive pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and highly regarded flexible working options, childcare vouchers, season-ticket loans for your travel to work and our Employee Assistance Programme offering advice on a variety of issues, we'll ensure that you're well looked after.
Of course, working with us gives you the chance to make the sort of impact that's rare with any other organisation in Scotland. Here you can contribute to decisions which are vital to Scotland, and play a part in developing and influencing the policies that touch all our lives - and which can shape history.
Key benefits include:
- Starting salary of £23,617 for a B1 Assistant Statistician and for a B2 Assistant Statistician, £28,033.
- Choice of pension.
- Flexible working patterns.
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus public and privilege holidays.
- Our commitment to diversity and equal opportunities
- We are an equal opportunities employer. This means:
- We aim to treat everyone – staff, colleagues from other organisations, members of the public – fairly, and with respect.
- We believe that our workforce should reflect the people of Scotland in all its diversity, character and culture.
- We treat all staff equally, irrespective of sex, marital status, age, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, working pattern, gender identity, caring responsibility or trade union membership.
- We employ and promote people on the basis of their merit – their skills, aptitudes and attitude – nothing else.
Find out more
Read more about the Scottish Government here www.gov.scot/about
If you’re passionate about people, communities and public service, and you want to make a difference for the people of Scotland then look out for opportunities advertised at: http://www.work-for-scotland.org.
If you wish to be considered for temporary, fixed term appointments that may arise in the Statistics Group then please submit your up to date CV to: email@example.com
We will hold Open Days for our planned 2018 B1 and B2 assistant statistician recruitment exercise. The aim is to provide:
- An insight into the work of the Scottish Government Statistics Group
- Hints and tips on the application and interview process
- An opportunity to meet current employees of the Scottish Government Statistics Group
Places for the events can be booked at:
28th March 2018 10am Edinburgh
28th March 2018 12:15pm Edinburgh
29th March 2018 12:15pm Glasgow