The Official Statistics (Scotland) Order 2008 added three additional bodies - those public bodies which were already producing National Statistics:
- Common Services Agency for the Scottish Health Service
- Higher Education Statistics Agency
- Student Loans Company
Ten further public bodies have since been brought into scope through the 2010 and 2012 Official Statistics (Scotland) Amendment Orders.
The Official Statistics (Scotland) Amendment Order (2010):
- Scottish Children's Reporter Administration
- Scottish Consortium for Learning Disabilities
- Scottish Environmental Protection Agency
- Scottish Further and Higher Education Funding Council
- Scottish Natural Heritage.
Official Statistics (Scotland) Amendment Order (2012):
- Care Inspectorate
- NHS 24
- Scottish Ambulance Service
- Scottish Social Services Council
It is planned that the Order will be amended in Summer 2013 to name some additional bodies as producers. ASDs are in the process of establishing with Crown and other public bodies:
1.1 which figures, if any, produced by the body potentially fall into the category of official statistics
1.2 what arrangements need to be put in place to comply with the Act.