The Strategy Unit
Our role and remit
We support the Government in making informed and integrated policy choices that prepare Scotland for future opportunities and challenges.
- comprehensive policy reviews on cross-cutting issues
- preparing short sharp advice for Ministers on cross-cutting policy options for government, working with policy leads across the SG
- ensuring the SG is abreast of new developments, innovations and approaches
- integrated and future-focused policy advice for incoming governments
- building SG capability on strategic policy thinking.
Working with Directorate policy leads our role is to develop new thinking on complex medium term strategic policy challenges. These rarely sit within a single Directorate and often take second place to immediate day to day policy delivery. The Strategy Unit is able to work across multiple, interconnected policy areas and to think long term.
The Unit is a multi-disciplinary policy/analytical team including policy advisers, economists, social researchers and a statistician. We are all based in Edinburgh in St Andrew's House. We bring analytical rigor, fresh perspectives and a focus on delivery.
DSAC : Strategy, Elections and Freedom of Information Division
SEFOID : Strategy Unit