Care Homes Guide
This guidance is applicable to general fire safety in existing premises in which a care home service is provided, as defined in the Public Services Reform (Scotland) Act 2010. These care homes can provide a service for the following category of resident:
- Older people;
- Children and young people;
- People with learning disabilities;
- People with drug and alcohol problems;
- People with mental health problems; and
- People with physical and sensory impairment.
There may be other premises which have similar fire risk characteristics to care homes and to which the contents of this guide may be appropriate.
The current guide is available in PDF format by clicking on the link below: