Equal Partners in Care (EPiC) is the national framework for workforce learning and development related to unpaid carers.
It comprises of a set of core principles which are based on outcomes for carers and young carers; these principles are;
- Carers are identified
- Carers are supported and empowered to manage their caring role
- Carers are enabled to have a life outside of caring
- Carers are free from disadvantage and discrimination related to their caring role
- Carers are fully engaged in the planning of services
- Carers are recognised and valued as equal partners in care