The Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 will take effect on 1 April 2018. The timeline for the period leading up to and beyond this commencement date is set out below, more information of these difference aspects can be found by clicking through the links or the shortcuts at the right of the page.
|09 March || |
- Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 receives Royal Assent
|Summer || |
- Local pilots test specific provisions of the Act, with findings to be released in October.
- Readiness toolkit issued to Local Authorities, Health Boards and Integration Authorities.
- Draft local carer strategy guidance issued.
|Autumn || |
1. Draft regulations:
- Review of adult carer support plans and young carer statements.
- Short breaks services statements.
2. Draft carers' charter.
- Guidance co-production event at the Albert Halls, Stirling, with external stakeholders.
- Local Elgibility Criteria Statutory Guidance issued.
- Readiness Toolkit re- issued.
- Ongoing engagement with IJBs and Carers Leads via quarterly meetings.
|1 October - 31 March || |
- Local eligibility criteria to be developed and published.
|27 December || |
- Final draft guidance issued to external stakeholders.
|January/February || |
- Outstanding regulations to be laid before Parliament.
|01 April || |
- Commencement of the Carers (Scotland) Act 2016.
- Regulations take effect.
|31 December* || |
- Deadline for publication of Short Break Services Statements.