The Prescription for Excellence (PfE) Steering Board is mainly an internal (Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates and NHSScotland) group to provide an overview of the implementation of Prescription for Excellence which will include setting timescales, identifying priorities and risks, and assessing progress against each action point. It is anticipated that the Board will meet every three to four months.
The Prescription for Excellence Steering Board met on March 22, 2016.
The Steering Board were advised of progress made by NHS Boards in recruiting pharmacists to work directly with GP practices to support the care of patients. Representatives from NHS Boards covering the north, east and west regions presented to the Board how the funding allocations from the Primary Care Fund were being used to achieve this.
The Board received updates on progress by the evaluation of automated technologies project, on work to clarify the scope of eHealth requirements of the programme, and progress on communications, engagement and patient involvement.
The Board were also advised on the programme’s transition to its new delivery structure and the development of a draft blueprint. It was agreed that a detailed budget and resource plan would be prepared for the next meeting.
Minutes of the meeting will be made publicly available in due course. The Steering Board will next meet on November 15, 2016.
Professor Sir Lewis Ritchie, NHS Grampian/University of Aberdeen
- Alan Baird, Chief Social Work Adviser, Scottish Government
- Rob Darracott, Joint Chair of the Reference Group
- Dr Frances Elliot, Deputy Chief Medical Officer/Primary Care, Scottish Government
- Dr David Farquharson, Medical Director, NHS Lothian
- Geoff Huggins, Acting Director of Health and Social Care Integration, Scottish Government
- Michael Kellet, Director of Healthcare Strategy, Scottish Government
- Caroline Lamb, Chief Executive, NHS Education for Scotland (NES)
- Dr Miles Mack, Deputy Chair of Royal College of General Practitioners Scotland
- Alpana Mair, Programme Director/Deputy Chief Pharmaceutical Officer, Scottish Government
- John Matheson, Director of Health Finance, eHealth and Pharmaceuticals, Scottish Government
- John McAnaw, Chair of Scottish Pharmacy Board, Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Evelyn McPhail, Director of Pharmacy, NHS Fife
- Fiona McQueen, Chief Nursing Officer, Scottish Government
- Bob Nicholls, Joint Chair of the Reference Group
- Ian Welsh, Chief Executive, Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE)
- Margaret Whoriskey, Joint Improvement Team (JIT) Director
- David Jamieson, Secretariat, Scottish Government
- Corinne Telford, Adviser – Senior Project Manager