The Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorate is responsible for delivering the Healthier Strategic Objective which aims to help people to sustain and improve their health, especially in disadvantaged communities, ensuring better, local and faster access to health care.
The Directorate also allocates resources and sets the strategic direction for NHSScotland and is responsible for the development and implementation of health and social care policy.
- We provide strategic leadership for public health, NHSScotland and social care in Scotland
- We lead the integration of health and social care into wider Government policy, working with the wider public sector and third and private sector on issues relating to health and social care
- We support Ministers in accounting to the public and the Scottish Parliament and are responsible for managing and allocating public money to NHSScotland
- We ensure the highest standards of health and social care and find the best way to develop, support and mobilise the health and social care system in Scotland to deliver improvements for patients and the public
- We deliver the highest quality of health and social care services to people in Scotland and work towards a shared vision of world-leading safe, effective and person-centred healthcare