What is Public Contracts Scotland?
Public Contracts Scotland (PCS) is the national advertising portal for the Scottish public sector and their prime contractors to advertise their contract and sub-contract opportunities, and publish contract awards.
It provides suppliers with free easy access to all essential information on public sector business opportunities, creating a competitive market environment which will generate a better deal for the taxpayer. All Scottish public sector bodies must use PCS for all regulated procurements (£50,000 and over for goods and services or £2 million for works); in addition, many buyers use PCS to request quotations for low value/risk contracts.
PCS is designed to be fully compliant with all current procurement legislation and drive best practice. It will continue to develop in response to legislative changes or policy drivers.
How does PCS work?
- Public sector buyers use the site to either advertise contract opportunities to all suppliers, or to invite selected suppliers to provide a quote (Quick Quote)
- Main contractors on public sector contracts also advertise sub-contract opportunities
- Suppliers can browse for opportunities, or register for automatic e-mail alerts for relevant contract opportunities or a direct request for a quote.
Why should I register as a supplier?
The benefits of registering your company on PCS are that you can:
- sign up for on new contract opportunities and awards and to receive direct requests for quotations
- respond electronically to the secure tender post box
- register interest in opportunities
- create an online business profile using the Supplier Finder directory
- view and download additional tender documents
- post electronic documents such as tenders and European Single Procurement Document (ESPD) responses.
- use the online question and answer tool for communications between buyer and supplier
- receive regular e-bulletins with key themes such as improvements to the service
- view organisations’ contract registers
- receive news on other relevant supplier events and opportunities
Help and Support
A range of user (buyer and supplier) guides and frequently asked questions are available for download from PCS or you can email the support desk or call 0800 222 9003.