Public Contracts Scotland (PCS) provides suppliers with free easy access to all essential information on public sector business opportunities, creating a competitive market environment which will generate a better deal for the taxpayer. All public sector bodies in Scotland are expected to use PCS.
Procurement Managers should consider how they are going to implement PCS in their organisation i.e. who buys goods, services and works on behalf of their organisation and will therefore require training etc. PCS provides a national advertising website for Scottish public sector bodies to post large Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) notices, lower value contracts commonly known as sub threshold notices, quotations for low value/risk contracts and subsequent contract awards for all varieties of contracts.
To assist buyers, PCS has added a number of functionality developments since its launch in 2008. Some of the key developments have been:
- Supplier Finder is the supplier sourcing directory, it builds on the information already held, allowing suppliers to provide buyers with detailed information regarding goods, works and services which they can provide to the public sector
- Increased the overall file size upload to 100MB: users can upload documents to notices, maximum of 20MB and a total combined maximum of 100MB
- Increasing authority reporting enhancements
- Ability to mark library documents as publically viewable e.g. authority terms & conditions
- Restricted stage 2 procedure
To discuss training options on the PCS website for your organisation please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should I register as a supplier?
What are the benefits of registering your company on the advertising portal PCS:
- Sign up for free regional email alerts on new contract opportunities
- Register interest in opportunities and download documents electronically as many times you wish
- Respond electronically to the secure tender post box
- Create an online business profile using the supplier finder sourcing directory
- Have the opportunity to register interest in sub-contracting opportunities advertised on PCS (business 2 business)
Help and Support
A range of user and supplier guides and FAQs are also available for download from PCS or contact the support desk on 0844 561 0673 or email email@example.com