Publishing, Print, Design and Associated Services Framework Agreement
The national framework for the provision of publishing, print, design and associated services (PPDAS) aims to promote efficiencies, value for money and best practice, while keeping pace with the demands of a fast changing publishing and print market.
What is in scope?
The services provided within this framework include the following:
A fully managed and accessible publishing, print, design and associated service to be delivered on a 24/7 basis. Services include (but are not limited to):
- A full and accessible publishing service for all published content to include archiving, maintaining ISBN/ ISSN database, electronic publishing service, legal deposit, providing electronic catalogue of publications, etc.
- Design services
- Artwork, formatting and setting
- Proofing and pre-press services
- Copywriting and editorial services
- Graphs and charts services
- Alternative formats, including braille, audio and easy-read
- Policing of brand management and application
- Translation and associated typesetting services, including British Sign language
- Digital asset management
- Print management and production, including direct mail collateral
- Web to print service
- Secure print service
- Document disposal / destruction service
- Binding and finishing
- Fulfilment and distribution service
- Headed paper
- Business cards
- Web conversion and publishing
- Storage and storage management
- Alternative format including DVDs/ CDs
- Subscriptions and standing orders for all published content
- Reprographic Service
- Promotional items
- Display materials
What is out of scope?
- The production and post production of video film footage to be used in the production of a DVD
Who is this available to?
The framework is open to the following public sector bodies:
- Central government
- Local authorities
- Police and fire
- Universities and colleges
- Third sector
- Other public bodies
Full details can be found on Public Contracts Scotland
Further information about agencies of the Scottish Ministers and offices in the Scottish administration which are not ministerial offices is available at:
Note: It is the responsibility of any framework public body organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. Entitlement guidance on this can be found in Annex A of Scottish Government Guidance on Framework Agreements. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
- Value for money savings to be realised through the collaborative use of this framework.
- Award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for framework public bodies.
- The fully managed service provide an opportunity to have a co-ordinated approach throughout public sector organisations
- The UIG forum provides an opportunity to learn and liaise with other partners and share best practice.
- Living Wage Accreditation
1 October 2014
30 September 2018
Contact and feedback to:
Phone: 0141 242 5589
APS Group (Scotland) Limited
21 Tennant Street
Telephone: 0131 629 9966
Customer Queries (Scottish Government)
Nikki Dawson, Account Director
Phone: 0131 629 9963
Customer Queries (Framework Public Bodies)
Andrew Logan, Account Director
Phone: 0131 629 9962
New Users of the Framework
Mike Lynch, Business Development Director
Phone: 0131 454 2453
Information regarding pricing and terms and conditions can now be found on Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access this site and are eligible to use the framework please complete the attached template and send to the Scottish procurement contact named above.
Please note that framework terms and pricing should be treated as ‘commercially confidential’ and must not be shared with anyone outside your organisation without the prior approval of Scottish Procurement.
All other enquiries in relation to this framework agreement should be directed to the Scottish Procurement contact named above.
Page updated: Monday, October 30, 2017