|Oct 2, 2010 || |
- Modification Order comes into force.
|Sept 22, 2010 || |
- Parliament approves draft Order
|Sept 15, 2010 || |
- Rural and Environment Committee considers draft Order.
|June 18, 2010 || |
- Modification Order laid in Parliament.
|March 8, 2010 || |
- Draft Modification Order to modify Designation Order published for public consultation.
|Oct 26, 2009 || |
- Proposal to modify Designation Order published for public consultation.
|Aug, 19 2009 || |
- Scottish Ministers announce decision on National Parks Strategic Review Consultation.
|Feb, 12 2009 || |
- End of National Parks Review public consultation period
|Nov 25, 2008 || |
- National Parks Strategic Review Report published and public consultation on key findings and recommendations commences.
|Summer 2008 || |
- National Parks Review takes place
|March 13, 2008 || |
- Scottish Ministers announce in Parliament their intention to conduct a National Parks Review.
|July 24, 2002 || |
- Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park formally opened by Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal.
|July 19, 2002 || |
- Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park became operational.
|July 8, 2002 || |
- Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park established.
|May/June 2002 || |
- Interviews carried out for membership of Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Board.
|Apr 25, 2002 || |
- The Designation and Election Orders came into force.
|Apr 15, 2002 || |
- The Designation and Election Orders were approved by the Scottish Parliament
|March 2002 || |
- Draft Designation and Election Orders considered by the Rural Affairs Committee.
|Feb 26, 2002 || |
- Draft Designation and Election Orders tabled at Scottish Parliament
|June 11, 2001 || |
- Consultation on Draft Designation Order for Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park began. Some 200 respondents commented on the Ministers' proposals.
|Mar 19, 2001 || |
- SNH report submitted to Scottish Ministers.
|Feb 9, 2001 || |
- End of consultation period.
|Sept 2000 || |
- Scottish Ministers made a formal proposal under section 2 of the National Parks (Scotland) Act 2000 for a National Park in the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs area. Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) were appointed as statutory reporters under section 3 of the 2000 Act.
|Jul 5, 2000 || |
- The National Parks (Scotland) Act 2000 was passed by the Scottish Parliament.
|Feb 1999 || |
- SNH advice on National Parks published and accepted by Government as basis on which to prepare legislative proposals for consideration by Scottish Parliament. Financial assistance announced to allow establishment of interim Joint Committee from 1/11/99
|Sept 1998 || |
- SNH launches main consultation paper 'National Parks for Scotland'.
West Dunbartonshire, Argyll & Bute, and Stirling Councils set out proposals to establish interim Joint Committee until the National Park is created.
|Sept 1997 || |
- Secretary of State announced Government's commitment to National Park for Loch Lomond and The Trossachs and small number of other areas of important natural heritage. The Government asked Scottish Natural Heritage to consult and advise on how National Parks for Scotland could best operate.
|Summer 1997 || |
- Following consultation, steering committee's proposals for joint committee published.
|March 1995 || |
- Publication of Government's response to Hutchison Report - Secretary of State offered to assist the formation and work of a steering committee to prepare the way for the proposed local authority joint committee.
|July 1993 || |
- Report of the Loch Lomond & Trossachs Working Party published (Hutchison Report).
|Mar 1991 || |
- Secretary of State announced establishment of Working Party on Loch Lomond & The Trossachs, (Chaired by Sir Peter Hutchison Bt CBE):
- To consider the management issues connected with the conservation of the natural heritage visitor trends in the area
- Make recommendations on how improvements in management practices might be achieved within existing statutory and administrative framework
- Consider the area in which the findings might apply
- Recommended establishment of local authority joint committee for Loch Lomond & The Trossachs
|Sept 1990 || |
- Report published by Countryside Commission for Scotland 'The Mountain Areas of Scotland' which recommended creation of four National Parks, including one for Loch Lomond.