Reaping the Benefits of Skills
One of the ways organisations can be more successful is to make more effective use of the skills of their staff. Effective skills use is about:
- confident, motivated and relevantly skilled individuals who are aware of the skills they possess and know how to best use them in the workplace
- workplaces that provide them with meaningful and appropriate encouragement, opportunity and support to use their skills effectively
in order to
- increase performance and productivity, improve job satisfaction and employee well-being, and stimulate investment, enterprise and innovation.
P3 People, Performance and Productivity Tool
Aimed at connecting your staff's potential to the ambitions of your organisation by enabling more effective skills use, the P3 People, Performance and Productivity Tool guides you through established good practice driving performance and profitability and increasing job satisfaction and employee wellbeing.
Developed by the Scottish Government in partnership with Investors in People (IIP) Scotland, the Tool is free, confidential, easy to use. It is relevant to organisations in the private, public or third sectors. If you want, you can focus the Tool on some part of the organisation rather than all of it.
The P3 Tool focuses on:
- leadership and people management
- employee engagement
- employee autonomy
- skills development
- management of learning
- equality, diversity and a healthy organisation.
The tailored results offer relevant practical advice, signposting you to further help, including to examples of how others have successfully tackled similar challenges.