Sustainable School Estate Seminar - March 25, 2009, Edinburgh
The seminar, which took the form of presentations from a range of sustainability professionals, was chaired by John Easton (Archial Sustainable Futures) and attended by a broad range of stakeholders with an interest in the 'Greener' school agenda, including local authority representatives, architects and engineers.
- Welcome and Introduction - John Easton, Archial Sustainable Futures
- Sustainable School Estate Knowledge Portal - Lori McElroy, The Lighthouse
- Scotland's Climate Change Policy - George Tavit, Sustainable Scotland Network
- The Sullivan Report and Follow-Up Research - Dr Linda Sheridan, Scottish Building Standards and Jobran Hammoud, Davis Langdon
- Inverclyde Schools Project (two separate presentations) - Tom Reid, Inverclyde Council and Renate Powell, the Carbon Trust
- Optimising the Internal Environment - Gordon Hudson, Mott MacDonald
- Whitecross High School 'An Exemplar Classroom Design' - Colin Ashford
- Eco-minimalism and Principles of Passive Design - Howard Liddle, Gaia Architects
- Renewable Energy Technologies - Andrew Lyle, RD Energy Solutions
- BREEAM Education - Leanne McMillan, BRE
- The Schools Renewables Initiative - Ruth Evans and Brid McKibben, Schools Renewables Development Officers
- Eco-Schools/WWF Local Footprints Project - Kate Campbell, Eco-schools Scotland and Betsy King, WWF Local Footprints Project
For further information, including contact details of any of the presenters, please contact the school estate team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0131 244 0877.