We are testing a new beta website for gov.scot go to new site

Availability of Part-Time Work

There is work available for international students, but bear in mind that most jobs require that you speak Dutch*. Many student jobs are found by word-of-mouth.

Practical information about working while studying:

NOTE: if you are an EU student and work 56 hours** or more per month, you might be eligible for Dutch Study Finance/Student Grant. More information: http://www.duo.nl/international_visitors/EU_EEA_students/study_finance.asp

NOTE: If you plan on working while you study, you will need a Citizens Support Number. More information can be found here: http://studentify.nl/municipality-registration-and-id/

* The University of Groningen offers 50 hours of Dutch language classes for free to all international degree students

** Please be aware that working 56 hours per month might cause study delay