To apply and register for a program at Maastricht University, you will first need to apply via Studielink, the application portal for higher education in the Netherlands. After that, you can apply directly to Maastricht University via the My UM portal.
Due to the large number of applications the university has to process, we recommend that you get your application completed as soon as possible. This will give you plenty of time to get a response from the university and prepare yourself for moving to Maastricht. However it is possible to apply until:
- March 1st: University College Maastricht
- April 15th: International Business, Economics & Business Economics, European Law School
- August 1st (recommended by UM): All other English taught Bachelor programs
If you do not have your final exam results when completing your application, then upload your most recent set of exam results. When you eventually get your final results make sure to either hand them in at the Student Service Centre of UM or to upload them onto the MyUM Portal by 31st August.
Apply via Studielink
To request an enrolment in Studielink, please take the following steps:
1. Apply for an account in Studielink at www.studielink.nl.
2. You will receive an email with your Studielink login details within minutes.
3. Login to Studielink, set a personal password, enter your personal data and select ‘new enrolment application’.
4. Select first the university and then the program of your choice.
5. In the following steps you will need to fill in:
- Diploma or diplomas which you have obtained or will obtain
- Payment information, including a bank account number from which your tuition fees will be paid. This information can only be changed via the university and not in Studielink so please give a bank account only when you are sure it will be used to pay the fees. If you are not sure, you can supply this information later. However, be careful not to forget it as it is essential for processing your payments and completing your registration.
6. Finish by clicking ‘Send my enrolment application’.
Apply and register via the My UM portal
Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive an email from Maastricht University containing login details for the My UM portal, where you can finish the application process. Please use Internet Explorer to fill in the application.
1. Go to the MY UM portal, fill out the admissions form and upload a copy of your passport and other required documents (depending on the admission requirements of your chosen study program). Click on the ‘Send’ button to finish your application.
2. Maastricht University will assess your application and make a decision.
3. You will receive an email to inform you if you are either admitted, conditionally admitted (e.g. when a document is still missing) or not admitted.
4. If you are admitted or conditionally admitted, you will receive the invoice of the tuition fees, also by email. Finish your registration by returning the signed invoice and a certified copy of your diploma. You can either send it by post (Maastricht University, SSC-Registration Office, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht), or hand it in at the desk in the Visitors’ Centre.
For all dates and more detailed information please visit: