Strategic Commissioning Project
Strategic Commissioning Project (Doran)
The Strategic Commissioning Project will focus on recommendations 7, 17-18(in part) and 19-21 of The Right Help at the right time and in the right place: Strategic Review of Learning Provision for Children and Young People with Complex Additional Support Needs. These recommendations have been accepted by the Scottish Government.
- To develop a national strategic commissioning approach for the provision of national education services for children and young people with complex additional support needs, by middle of 2015.
- To implement this approach to the allocation of national funding by 2017.
- To support local authorities and health boards across Scotland to develop a strategic commissioning approach to the provision of local/regional services by 2017.
- To support those organisations currently in receipt of national grant funding to prepare for the implementation of strategic commissioning, from May 2013 and until national strategic commissioning has been implemented.
- To provide better outcomes for children and young people with complex additional support needs, through an improved system of aligning services to needs, and efficient use of public funding.
Page updated: Thursday, October 10, 2013