This group met for the last time in January 2015. A new group, the Joint Housing Policy and Delivery Group (JHPDG) has been established with the remit to lead on the Joint Housing Delivery Plan for Scotland.
The Housing Policy Advisory Group (HPAG) evolved out of its predecessor, the Housing Supply Task Force (HSTF). The HSTF's role was to act as a sounding board for the development of the Government’s strategy and action plan for housing, Homes Fit for the 21st Century, which was published in February 2011.
The role of HPAG continues to be strategic, but is now focussed on developing a partnership approach to delivering the strategy. HPAG has informed the development of the Government’s outcomes-based approach and contributed to thinking on how the Scottish Government should monitor achievement of those outcomes, particularly in terms of identifying relevant contributory indicators of those outcomes.
The group also acted as a sounding board for the recent Housing (Scotland) Bill.
The following organisations / forums are represented on the group:
- Homes for Scotland
- Scottish Federation of Housing Associations
- Shelter Scotland
- Glasgow West of Scotland Forum of Housing Associations
- Council of Mortgage Lenders
- Scottish Property Federation
- Chartered Institute of Housing
- Heads of Planning Scotland
- Association of Local Authority Chief Housing Officers
- Fuel Poverty Forum
- Existing Homes Alliance
- Regional Tenant Networks
- Independent Living in Scotland
- Private Rented Housing Strategy Group
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Scottish Housing Regulator
- Scottish Association of Landlords
View the Minutes of HPAG meetings and associated papers.