The Scottish Government supports registered tenant organisations (RTOs) and landlords in Scotland to participate and share good practice. It:
- advises and supports tenant and resident organisations to help them become more involved and empowered about the issues that affect their homes and communities.
- works with registered tenant organisations (RTOs) to achieve their wishes to improve communication between the Scottish Government and RTO groups.
- assesses applications for grants from RTOs in order to help them raise awareness of participation and increase their profile within their communities and beyond.
We provide the following key services to landlords in Scotland:
- visiting landlords and provide tailored advice and guidance to improve and promote tenant participation in their area; and
- identifying and sharing examples of good practice in tenant participation.