The Working Group on Scottish Sport will provide the Scottish Ministers with an independent report on the following subject:
"To consider the continuing development of Scottish sport and the opportunities presented by an independent Scotland."
Relative to the above, the working group will consider the following:
- The action necessary to ensure that an independent Scotland can be successful in future Olympics and Paralympics in its own right and the additional opportunities this will present for Scottish athletes.
- What is required to ensure that Scotland remains a country of sporting excellence, making best use of facilities and resource to balance elite development with growth in the participation base.
- The opportunities for sharing facilities and resources across the Home Nations and abroad and the steps necessary to ensure the right level of international and elite competition for Scottish athletes.
- The role of the Scottish Government as a funder and promoter of sport.
- The status and nature of governing bodies and opportunities for collaborative approaches.