The Scottish Government has committed its full support to the development and implementation of Scotland's Junior Golf Strategy that will provide new opportunities for every child in Scotland.
The delivery of this strategy, branded as clubgolf, will provide leadership, direction and support for the development of junior golf in Scotland. There is no other programme as dedicated to the development of junior golf anywhere else in the world right now. The strategy puts in place a single plan and a coordinated structure that will deliver the Scottish Government and Scottish Golf's commitment to the people of Scotland.
The aim of the programme is to create a development pathway from entry level to the sport through to the highest levels of achievement, enabling increased access to the game, higher participation levels, improved standards of performance, and a sustained growth in all of these areas in the future.
clubgolf can be summarised as:
- An introduction to golf by age 9 in primary schools;
- A customised approach to taking golf into the community, including social inclusion partnership areas;
- A core programme of skills, learning, practice, and play for 9-15 year old boys and girls;
- Coaching and competition for the talented golfers at regional and national level; and
- Specialist support for our potential international and professional players.
Further information on the strategy can be found on sportscotland's Junior Golf webpages while information on the programme itself is available on the clubgolf website ( www.clubgolfscotland-youth.co.uk).