We are testing a new beta website for gov.scot go to new site

arts culture redirect

This content is not being updated. Get the latest content on the Scottish Government's arts, culture and heritage policy on https://beta.gov.scot/


How do I find out about arts and culture events in Scotland?

Please see our What’s On page for a selection of websites that will refer you to upcoming events in Scotland.

I am organising a cultural event, how do I invite a Minister to attend?

Please send an invitation addressed to the Minister you wish to invite to scottish.ministers@scotland.gsi.gov.uk or St Andrews House, Regent Road, Edinburgh, EH1 3DG.

I am organising a cultural project, where can I find funding?

Creative Scotland is the lead body for the development, advocacy and funding of the arts in Scotland. You can contact them via their enquiry service on 0845 603 6000 or via e-mail on enquiries@creativescotland.com. Their ‘funder finder’ service searches a directory of trusts and foundations according to specific criteria given by the client and identifies appropriate funding sources.

I have a question about Scottish Government funding of arts and culture

Please see our funding page for information.

I watched a television programme and I am not happy with the content, how do I lodge a complaint?

Broadcasting is a reserved matter and ultimate responsibility for it lies with the Department of Culture, Media and Sport.  The communications regulator, Ofcom, provides advice on how to complain about the content of specific programmes which have been broadcast. You can find this advice on Ofcom’s website at http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/progs/specific/.

I have a question or comment about my local library, who should I contact?

Public library services in Scotland are entirely the responsibility of local authorities which have a statutory duty to secure the provision of adequate library facilities for all persons resident in their area. Please contact your local authority for further information.