This consultation offers revised and consolidated fire safety advice in respect of certain premises with sleeping accommodation.
It is applicable to fire safety in existing residential premises including:
• hotels, tourism hostels, refuges
• holiday lets and holiday complexes, camping and caravan sites (other than privately used individual units)
• bunkhouses, bunk barns
• sleeping accommodation for pupils, students or employees
• all types of houses in multiple occupation (HMO)
• boarding houses, guest houses, bed and breakfast accommodation
It consolidates and supersedes the following three Scottish Government guides, and introduces a substantial number of editorial changes aimed at improving dutyholders’ understanding of the guidance:
• Practical Fire Safety Guidance for Small Premises Providing Sleeping
• Accommodation, 2010
• Practical Fire Safety Guidance for Medium and Large Premises Providing Sleeping
• Accommodation, 2008
• Practical Fire Safety Guidance for Small Bed and Breakfast and Self-catering
• Premises, 2010 (The content of this guide has been superseded and incorporated into Annex 1 of the guidance)
This draft guidance, accompanying Equality Impact Assessment and Partial Business and Regulatory Impact Assessment are available at https://consult.gov.scot/fire-and-rescue/premises-with-sleeping-accommodation. Comments are welcome on each of these documents.
The closing date for responding to this consultation is 5 February 2018.