This report was funded by and prepared for the Scottish Ministers under the Geothermal Energy Challenge Fund, part of the Low Carbon Infrastructure Transition Programme (LCITP) which is funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
The project consortium would like to extend a special thank you to Carole Stewart, Kathleen Robertson, Richard Gachagan and Johann MacDougal of the Scottish Government for their assistance throughout the creation of this report.
In addition, we would also like to extend our thanks to the following individuals, whose support and input merits acknowledgement:
- John Rattray, Farm Manager at Hartwood Home Farm
- Margaret McLean, Allanton Tenants and Residents Association
- John McKechnie, SEPA
- Lynda Stevenson, NLC Housing and Social Work Services
- David Miller, NLC Regeneration & Environmental Services
- Alex Neil, MSP, Member for Airdrie and Shotts
- Ian Booth, Aberdeen Heat and Power
- Ron Tracey, Shettleston Housing Association
The project consortium would also like to extend gratitude to Fergus Ewing MSP, Minister for Business, Energy and Tourism, for his enthusiasm in supporting the development of Scottish geothermal energy demonstrator projects, of which this report is a valuable catalysing step.