This consultation seeks views on:
• Increasing the minimum landing size (MLS) for velvet crab (Necora puber) landed into Orkney from 65 mm to 70 mm carapace width
• Increasing the MLS for lobster (Homarus gammarus) landed into Orkney from 87 mm to 90 mm carapace length over a three year period
• Introducing a MLS for green crab (Carcinus maenas) landed into Orkney of 70 mm carapace width
• Prohibiting the landing of berried velvet crab (Necora puber) caught in the six nautical miles around Orkney
• Whether there should be new restrictions on carriage in the six nautical miles around Orkney to accompany these measures
These measures were developed and proposed by Orkney Sustainable Fisheries Ltd, which is part of the Inshore Fisheries Group network, and are intended to help improve the sustainability of these fisheries through the regulation of harvesting controls.