Making it Easy
• Highlights the hidden problem of low health literacy and the impact that this has on our ability to access, understand, engage and participate in our health and social care.
• Explains that low health literacy leads to poor health outcomes and widens health inequality.
• Calls for all of us involved in health and social care to systematically address health literacy as a priority in our efforts to improve health and reduce health inequalities.
• Sets out an ambition for all of us in Scotland to have the confidence, knowledge, understanding and skills we need to live well, with any health condition we have.
• Lays out the actions the Scottish Government and partners are taking to help all of us in health and social care collaborate and help realise this ambition.