1. Consultation on the Proposed Draft Agricultural Holdings (Scotland) Act Remedial Order 2014
22 November 2013
The Supreme Court judgment in Salvesen v Riddell  UKSC 22 of April 2013 highlighted an ECHR infringement of landlords’ rights in the Agricultural Holdings (Scotland) Act 2003. The Supreme Court suspended their judgment by 12 months to allow the Scottish Government to consult with the industry and decide how best to rectify the infringement. The decision of the Supreme Court takes effect on 24 April 2014. The proposed draft Order being laid in Parliament today has been prepared following consultation with stakeholders in August 2013.
Views are sought on the draft proposed Order.
How to Respond
1. To access the consultation documents please use the links under “Contents” on the above right to read the consultation paper and associated documentation.
2. To send us your views, please complete the questionnaire and the Respondent Information Form.
3. If you choose not to use the questionnaire, it would be really helpful in your response to indicate which questions you are responding to as this will help us to analyse the responses.
4. We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your response with the completed Respondent Information Form to either:-
Limited Partnerships Team
The closing date for responses is 7 February 2014.