This statistics publication notice provides Council Tax (CT) collection figures by Scottish Local Authorities for the financial year 2011-12 and previous years. The key points are:
• In 2011-12 for Scotland as a whole, the total amount of Council Tax billed (excluding Council Tax Benefit) was £1.987 billion. Of this total, £1.886 billion was collected by 31 March 2012 (see table 1).
• Between 1993-94 and 2011-12, the overall total amount of Council Tax billed in Scotland was £28.271 billion, of which £27.225 billion, or 96.3%, was collected by 31 March 2012 (see table 1).
• The provisional Scotland total in-year CT collection rate for 2011-12 was 94.9%, a 0.2 percentage point increase on the audited figure from the previous year (see table 2).
• Provisional in-year CT collection rates for 2011-12 ranged from 91.0 per cent to 97.4 per cent across the 32 local authorities.
• In-year collection rates have improved steadily from 87.2% in 1998-99 to 91.4% in 2002-03 and now 94.9% in 2011-12. This reflects improvements in the collection of CT in the billing year.