HCS 1: Are you entitled to help with health costs?
(to hospital for NHS treatment)
You can get help with necessary travel costs (including travel costs for your dependent children) if you:
- are getting, or your partner gets: Income Support, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance (Contributory) and Disability Living Allowance do not count as they are not income-related), or Pension Credit Guarantee Credit;
- are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate;
- are named on a valid HC2 certificate issued under the terms of the NHS Low Income Scheme;
- are a war pensioner and the hospital treatment is for your pensionable disablement.
For children under 16 and those aged 16 to 18 - also read here.
- if you are named on a valid HC3 certificate you might get some help with travel costs.
Page updated: Wednesday, March 30, 2011