Designing Streets: A Policy Statement for Scotland
- Street design must consider place before movement.
- Street design guidance, as set out in this document, can be a material consideration in determining planning applications and appeals.
- Street design should meet the six qualities of successful places, as set out in Designing Places.
- Street design should be based on balanced decision-making and must adopt a multidisciplinary collaborative approach.
- Street design should run planning permission and Road Construction Consent ( RCC) processes in parallel.
Page updated: Monday, March 22, 2010