Cancer Waiting Times Statistics for October-December 2007
This publication includes the number of cancer patients urgently referred for each of the geographic health boards and the proportion of these treated within 62 days of referral, broken down by tumour site.
The main findings are:
- 93.6 per cent of reported urgently referred patients diagnosed with cancer in October-December 2007 were treated within 62 days of their referral
- More than 95 per cent of patients with breast (98.0 per cent) and ovarian (97.5 per cent) cancers were treated within 62 days of urgent referral
- More than 90 per cent of patients with each of the cancer types were treated within 62 days of urgent referral, other than head and neck (87.6 per cent)
- Each of the mainland health boards treated more than 90 per cent of cancer patients within 62 days of urgent referral
- NHS Ayrshire & Arran, NHS Dumfries & Galloway, NHS Highland, and NHS Grampian each treated more than 95 per cent of cancer patients within 62 days of urgent referral
Previously published statistics relating to July-September 2007 indicated 91.6 per cent of reported urgently referred cancer patients were treated within 62 days of urgent referral.
List of Tables
Waiting-Times Statistics by Health Board of Diagnosis for Patients Diagnosed During October-December 2007 with:
Breast Cancer | Colorectal Cancer | Head and Neck Cancer | Lung Cancer | Lymphoma Cancer
Melanoma Cancer | Ovarian Cancer | Upper GI Cancers | Urological Cancers | All Cancers
Previously published statistics relating to time periods before October 2007 can be accessed at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/health/cancer/waiting-times.
Further information on Health and Community Care statistics within Scotland can be accessed at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/topics/statistics/browse/health.
Official statistics are produced by professionally independent statistical staff - more information on the standards of official statistics in Scotland can be accessed at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/About