1. Scottish Executive (2004) Diagnostics Services National Framework. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive.
3. NHS Lothian Healthcare Scientists Workforce Planning Group (2005) Healthcare scientist survey report.
4. Thomas RE et al. (2006) Effect of enhanced feedback and brief educational reminder messages on laboratory test requesting in primary care: a cluster randomised trial. Lancet, 367, 9527:1990-6.
5. Scottish Executive (2006) Delivering Community Hospitals: a strategy for Scotland. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive.
6. BSENISO 22870:2006 Point of care testing ( POCT) requirements, quality and competence.
7. MHRA (2006) Point of care testing - top 10 tips. Access at: http://www.mhra.gov.uk
8. MHRA Safety Alert MDA/2006/066. Lancing devices used in nursing and care homes. Access at: http://www.mhra.gov.uk
9. Department of Health (2007) What is Physiological Measurement? A guide to the test and procedures conducted by the physiological measurement services. London: DoH.
10. SIGN heart disease guidelines, February 2007. Access at: http://www.sign.ac.uk/guidelines/fulltext/93-97/index.html
11. Scottish Executive (2007) Scottish Executive Response to the Recommendations Made in the Review of NHS Wheelchair and Seating Services in Scotland. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive.
12. NHS Executive (2001) Medical Devices Management, Controls Assurance Standard, Rev 01. London: NHS Executive.
13. Astlie Ainslie Hospital. SMART services. Access at: http://www.smart.scot.nhs.uk/index.html
14. Farley RD (2000) The special needs design service in Edinburgh. British Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, 7, 394-8.
15. Scottish Executive. Audiology modernisation - target waiting times. Access at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/health/audiology/targetssheet
16. McAskill D, Reid S, Wilkinson L. Audiology telephone review service for digital hearing aid provision. British Academy of Audiology poster abstract, 2006.
17. Scottish Executive Directorate of Delivery Access Support Team. The 18-week outpatient pathway, an implementation framework. February 2007. Access at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/NHS-Scotland/Delivery-Improvement/
18. Review of Genetics in relation to Healthcare in Scotland, August 2006, 'The Calman Review', http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2006/08/30155115
19. The Scottish Patient Safety Alliance. http://www.patientsafetyalliance.scot.nhs.uk/
20. Cervical Cancer Screening Review of Cervical Cytology Laboratory Provision. Cervical Cytology Laboratory Review Group, Baseline Information paper. May 2007.
21. SIGN Guide 95 Management of Chronic Heart Failure. Feb 2007 pgs 4-6 Diagnosis and Investigations.
22. NHSQIS, Best Practice Statement, Pressure Ulcer Prevention
23. NHSQIS, 2004 Best Practice Statement, Skincare of Patients Receiving Radiotherapy
24. Skills for Health (2007) Generic National Occupational Standards in Healthcare Science. Bristol: Skills for Health.
25. NHS Scotland Remote and Rural Steering Group. Interim summary report, April 2007.
26. University of Aberdeen, Centre for Rural Health Research and Policy (2007) Caring for the Elderly in Remote and Rural Settings - An Inventory of Expertise. Aberdeen: University of Aberdeen/ NES/Skills for Health.
27. Choices and Challenges. The strategy for research and development in nursing and midwifery in Scotland. SEHD 2002
28. Allied Health professions research and development Action Plan. SEHD 2004
29. Scottish Executive (2001) Research Governance Framework for Health and Community Care. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive.