The specific focus of the interviews was to explore:
- how managers and practitioners define what constitutes 'significant harm'
- thresholds for intervention
- the process of risk assessment
- what models of assessment are currently used to inform practice
- what models are useful in different circumstances
- the contribution of other professionals and agencies in the CPO application process
- what information is shared
- who contributes to the assessment process
- how are decisions taken.
To this end, interviews, although targeted at specific categories of interviewees, covered the following key topics:
Process of Child Protection Order Procedures
Timetable of Child Protection Order Procedures
Accountability of Child Protection Order Procedures
Child Protection Committee