We are testing a new beta website for gov.scot go to new site

Contacting Other Government

Local and regional government

Many of the policies of the Scottish Government are put into action at the regional or local level. It may be best to contact your Local Authority, local Health Board or Education Authority if you want to discuss the way a policy is affecting you.

Policies will often be developed by both the Scottish Government and the Scottish Local Authorities. Local Authorities will usually cover the more local elements of the policy and implementation.

COSLA, the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities, represents Scottish local government. You can find out more about their work visiting the COSLA website.

Government Agencies and Public Bodies

Much of the work of government in Scotland is carried out by Public Bodies and Agencies. To find out more about their work visit the Scottish Government Public Bodies web pages.