All opinions and contributions are welcome, and we pre-moderate all comments submitted to our Social Media Platforms. 'Pre-moderation' means that comments will not be published instantly; they will first be checked by moderators. Moderators will be monitoring Social Media Platforms although it may be worth noting that we are a small team and we may not have the capacity to review comments as and when they are received, we aim to review all comments as soon as possible and thank you for your patience.
This is not about censoring your views. Our aim is to ensure the discussion is fair, inclusive, relevant and constructive. Moderation will not be used to suppress legitimate and reasoned discussion.
Please see our moderation guidelines for commenting below:
- Respect other people. Comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person's character
- Don't incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
- Don't include swearing, hate-speech or obscenity
- Don't reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- Don't break the law - this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and infringing other people's copyright
- Be reasonably concise, and don't constitute spamming of the site
- Don't advertise commercial products and services - you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
- Don't impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- Stay on-topic. Please don't post messages that are unrelated to this channel
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before submitting a comment. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate or provide us with personal information.
We reserve the right to suspend comments at any time.
The views and opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the views of the Scottish Veterans Commissioner. The Scottish Veterans Commissioner cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of information posted by third party sites.