The National Performance Framework provides a clear vision for Scotland with broad measures of national wellbeing covering a range of economic, health, social and environmental indicators and targets.
Our vision for a successful Scotland is described and measured in five parts which support and reinforce each other.
- The Scottish Government's Purpose sets out the direction and ambition for Scotland
- Purpose Targets are high level targets that show progress towards the Purpose
- Strategic Objectives describe where we will focus our actions
- National Outcomes describe what the Scottish Government wants to achieve and the kind of Scotland we want to see
- National Indicators enable us to track progress towards the Purpose and National Outcomes
Scotland Performs is the Scottish Government's online tool for reporting on progress on overall delivery of its Purpose and National Outcomes.